Blog Background

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

On the Road Again






After Don's joyful return home, a trip to the pool, and a decent night's sleep, we were off again: beach bound! Unfortunately, a trip that we thought was going to take 5 or 6 hours was more like a 7 or 8 hour drive that ended up taking closer to NINE hours to simply arrive in Tampa--an hour still from the beach condo-- final destination. Why you ask? Number one: traffic. Number two: Caleb. Number three: random travel I guess. I have to brag and say that though Caleb only slept for about 45 minutes, much of his awake time was happy. But even with lots of happy time, there is plenty of time to be fussy when you are talking about nine hours in the car!!! Rich and Laura received us very graciously, and we were relieved to be in a comfortable place for the night.
We spent the next couple of nights at the condo. It was great! Caleb didn't make it to the beach a whole lot, but he seemed to enjoy it somewhat. The boys especially loved the pool. :)
Also, it was great to see Mike, Kristi and fam.



Finally, we headed back up to Georgia for a visit with Grandma and Grandaddy. On the way, we stopped at Ocala, to see Dan and kids -- sans Mel (yea, I know you're diggin the use of that new trendy word). Truthfully, I hated to miss you, Mel!! But Daniel was a fabulous host. I am ashamed to admit that I did not whip my camera out that day... I think it was packed. But Dan had vegetable beef soup ready for us to eat when we got there. No joke! Also, he showed us his practice. Very impressive. I am very proud of my brother. He has turned into a pretty cool dude (haha! He has always been pretty cool).
So back to Grandma and Grandaddy's: Michael was there too, so Jon David and Luke ate up the time shared with him. He was a great entertainer and baby-sitter!
Below: Grandma feeding and playing w/Caleb:

Below: Grandaddy and Caleb (10 months)
This picture trips me out!

Michael:
Luke:

Jon David:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

My Blog List