Blog Background

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Below, a few miscellaneous memories of our 2 1/2 years in Castle Rock.











OK, so I ran across a blog with this cool slide show tonight, and thought How cool is this?? So I had to try it! Knowing me, this is old to most of you, and you're thinking, Get a grip! Oh well, I had fun!
For those of you who are getting this in e-mail format... sorry for the triple send!
Anyway, on a more random note, JD's latest memorable quote: "Mom, in heaven, I can do whatever I want, cause there's no mistakes!" Man... I can't wait until I don't mess up anymore!

Don and I have been watching movies with Jon David and Luke lately. It's kinda cool that we can enjoy movies together now--Cars, Finding Nemo, Kung Fu Panda (a personal fave! Is Jack Black gut splitting or what?). It's interesting too, how the creators sometimes have a way of weaving in stuff with deep meaning into a cartoon. For instance, if you remember the scene in Finding Nemo (first of all, Ellen Degeneras --sp....gasp-- is histerical in that movie...) when Dori (Ellen--voice), and Marlin (Daddy of Nemo) are in the whale's mouth? They get caught here towards the end of the movie, and Marlin is officially depressed b/c of how close he had finally come to actually finding his son. He is lying down on the tongue of the whale, hopeless and helpless. Dori says "there, there, it's going to be allright." Marlin says something like "it's my fault. I didn't want anything to ever happen to him." Dori says "that's a funny thing to wish for... If you never let anything happen to him, then nothing will ever happen to him... Not much fun for little Harpo" (haha--in the movie, Dori has short term memory loss, so she forgets Nemo's name chronicly...well, it's funny when you watch it). Anyway, the point is, you can't hold on to your kids too tightly, or they'll never learn anything.
Wow, and that much philosophy from a pixar flick! Pretty cool, huh?
OK, so there's my semi deep thought for the day. Now, I guess I need to clean up the kitchen... again.
Lata!

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog. I love to see what you guys are up to. Looks like you guys are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anna! I often think of you and Don-yard of the Caulley-yard (I will never forget Maurine's name for Don...always cracked me up). I saw on FB that Don is back in school. What degree is he pursuing? Hope y'all are doing well!!! See you in blog land!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Old Neighbor. How are you all? Glad I found your blog! I love keeping up with people this way!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

My Blog List