Blog Background

Monday, June 7, 2010

Summer vaca: Day one.

Every once in a while, you have one of those "perfect days." Let it be recorded that on June 5th, 2010, was one of those days in the Caulley household. Even though it started off with a rough previous night--complements of Caleb Thom Thom--we had FUN on this first day of summer.

First, a quick recap of Jon David's last day of school. This pic is my effort at capturing his expression coming down the hall from his first grade classroom for the last time. I was expecting ecstasy and elation. But instead, I think we have a bit of melancholy and wistfulness... When I gave him a hug, he said that he was sad. He misses his friends. Oh dear, well, thankfully, the sadness didn't last too long.

Luke has been getting things "ready for summer." He has been fixing up his stuffed animals on his bed, getting his grooming cup in order in the bathroom (new toothpaste--which is always a source of excitement--toothbrush, dental floss, dental mirror) and doing some straightening. He is really excited. Perhaps this summer will be full of rest and dental hygiene. Ha!

Daddy set up the slip n slide in the back yard while the boys played wii. They were so surprised to find it all ready for them. So fun!



We let Luke and Jon David have lunch in the family room on a tray (I think they were watching soccer w/Daddy).
During Caleb's second nap, Don took the boys to run an errand (for me, might I add!) while I did my Tae Bo video--whew! AND, drum roll: I got both bathrooms cleaned! OK, now don't start thinking thoughts like, oh good grief, that Anna, I don't know how she does it. I can't really remember the last time that both bathrooms were cleaned on the same day. Let's just say that it's been a while. Thankfully, Caleb's naps were nice and long--that helped a lot!
That night, we had chicken crescent rolls for dinner, and JD and Luke ate on trays in the family room again while we all watched Toy Story on TV.
I mean, come on! That's a good day!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day!! And I must say, you sound like Super Mom! Tae Bo, cleaning bathrooms, and fixing supper - even with long naps from Caleb, I'm pretty sure that makes you a rock star!!

    Have a wonderful rest of the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

My Blog List