Blog Background

Monday, January 4, 2010

At this time last year...

So I got my old calendar out today to update my new one with birthdates, etc... Yikes. I may have just set myself up for the day I forget your b-day... You can say: "but you wrote it down! I have proof from your blog!" Oh well. Anyway, I updated through June of 2010. When I started out with January, I had a flashback moment. I reflected briefly about the difference in my life now versus last year.
At this time last year, Don and I had made the decision to move to Wilmore, KY. We were starting the packing process. We were getting together with friends and family from the Castle Rock area for the last time. I was waking up in the middle of the night, feeling sick, and eating Popsicles in bed. Sweet Don was letting me sleep in and even bringing bowls of cream of wheat to my room! I had found out a/b being pregnant w/Caleb the day after Christmas. I was headed to the OB because of spotting, scared half to death that I was losing him... Thank God we heard his little tiny heart beat for the first time!! Mike and Kristi took us in for about a week, and at the end of January, we took the 3 day trek across the country to our newest adventure.
As a matter of fact, the move inspired my blog: on the road again. Wow, 2009 has been quite eventful. I wonder what 2010 will bring. In our minds: another year in Wilmore, KY with Don continuing on with the pursuit of his masters degree in biblical studies. For me: living the dream, baby! raising 3 kids @ home. For Jon David and Luke: turning 5 and 7, playing starwars wii, growing taller, weighing more, going to Kindergarten and second grade!! For Caleb: eating cereal, veggies, fruit, meat, crawling? walking? Talking? So exciting. I digress.
Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

My Blog List