Blog Background

Monday, June 1, 2009

A Don post

Don left on Thursday for a three day backpacking trip with a few guys from the seminary here. One of them he had a class with. The other three were really just acquaintances until this past week. He really enjoyed it. I gotta say, it seemed to fire him up to get back to nature for a while with only testosterone around.


Above: a rattle snake on the trail!!


I don't know if it was the pregnancy hormones, or the fact that we are still relatively new to Wilmore, or if it was just plain luv! but I missed him a lot while he was gone. I guess it made me appreciate him all the more. I was so thankful to God for bringing him home safely. I confess that I get nervous when he leaves and often pray for his safety. It is always such a relief to see him walk through the door. Anyway, this time, the tears came flooding out. He looked so handsome standing inside the door looking up the stairs. He had woken up with a headache on the last morning, so I was doubly relieved to see him safe and sound at home again.... Sorry--I didn't give proper warning about the cheese level of this post.
Since I've already dug a whole, might as well make it deeper.
He encourages me so much. I just recently got my hair cut, and am still getting used to it. The other day, I was getting frustrated. And before I even said anything about not liking my hair, he told me how good it looked today. He encourages me in many other areas too. But he also challenges me--to have more grace, to be more patient, to lead a more peaceful life, to rely on God more, to be more content...
(Insert disclaimer of choice about gratuitous compliments.)
He absolutely loves his two little boys, and is thrilled to be having another one. It makes me sad in a way, even though it is natural, to see the boys gravitate towards their Daddy a little bit more as they are getting older. He is a great Dad. I enjoy discussing parenting issues with him. He often has insights that I miss--being around the boys 24/7 and all. He often brings a fresh perspective to the table.
Anyway, I'm thrilled to be on this adventure with him. He has seemed to come alive more and more since we've been here in Wilmore. I pray that it will continue, that God will bring the work that He is doing in Him to completion.

3 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts! I just love your family! :) I learn so much from you guys! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, Anna, this is the same Don Caulley I used to know from T-Town, right?!? Just kidding. It was so great to read your reflections on your husband and how you see God bringing a new spark in his life. I'm glad to have found your blog via Facebook. I'll have to add it to my regulars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, I love this post. I have can't count the times I have said that you and Don are a perfect match. You are an example to us!

    mel

    ReplyDelete

Labels

My Blog List