Blog Background

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ahhh... The beach!!















On Sunday (a week and a half ago), we headed for the condo that Rich, Laura, Mike and Wendy so graciously let us use. It was wonderful!! I feel like I have truly been on vacation for the first time in a while. I think it's a combination of things: the fact that Jon David and Luke are older and much lower maintenance than they used to be (no babies or toddlers anymore--but not for long!); Don is doing sooooo much with them (they are at an age now where they love their Daddy time--not that they didn't before, but you can tell that these boys need their Daddy more and more and love spending time with him); family has been AWESOME to entertain them too. Anyway, for the first time in a very long time, I feel like I am sitting back and truly relaxing. I have found myself sitting on a beach chair watching them play, sitting on a pool chair watching them play, watching a show with them on the couch, heading out with Don for some time together while Grandparents watch the kids. So THANK you to Don, Grandparents, and all of our family for helping to make this vacation so incredible for me!!!!!!
Rich, Laura, Nicholas and Andrew were with us at the condo. We had such a great time together! We had two full days there, which mostly consisted of getting up and heading to the beach after breakfast; rinsing off and swimming in the pool; coming in for lunch and games or a movie to avoid the afternoon sun; more beach and pool time; and on the last night: Crabby Bill's!! Yum. :)
BTW, I guess I haven't blogged about this yet, but I do have gestational diabetes. Mostly, it has not been a huge issue. I'm sure Don would laugh at this comment, so I'll add some honesty here: I have definitely had days that I have been super discouraged about it. At first, I was frustrated and depressed at the thought of altering my eating habits... Afterall, isn't eating supposed to be one of the perks of being pregnant? But then I realized that there are some advantages to staying on a strict diet: most importantly, helping to protect the health of this precious baby, and my health too; but also, potentially avoiding having another 9 lbs. baby (I love you, Luke James!!!); finally, maybe avoiding feeling as huge as I did in my two previous pregnancies... I don't know about the last one. I think huge comes with the territory no matter what, but I guess it's still worth a try! I have had my ups and downs. One day recently I had two bad readings in a row and got very depressed. I felt like I was trying to do exactly what I was supposed to, but to no avail. Since then, I have felt very hungry a lot and wondered if I am eating enough food to support the baby... Ugh. Right now, I feel pretty good about it. I get tired a LOT though. And I'm not even quite 7 mo yet... I wonder if my blood sugar stays too low now. But I'm actively trying to adjust... Oh well. I suppose all of this is good conversation material for the mid-wife at my next apt.
I'm feel like I'm getting a little behind on my blogging--I still have so much to write about.
Also, I'm posting from Mom and Dad's computer, so I'm not sure why, but I am unable to place the pictures in the order that I would like. I would rather post them like this instead of risking losing them. Sorry! The group pic of us and Rich and Laura's fam is at Crabby Bill's restaurant. I think the rest in pretty self-explanatory.
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

My Blog List