Blog Background

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

A trip down South

Well, first of all, for all of you who prayed for me last week, my sugar test went very well on Saturday. I don't know the results yet, but I was eager to get the actual test overwith. And things went well. So thank you. I never enjoy fasting for 12 hours, and even less drinking an annoyingly sugary beverage on an empty stomach, and then waiting for 3 or 4 more hours, AND getting my blood drawn four times while I wait. So thank you, Lord, that's overwith. :)

As soon as the test was over, I grabbed some lunch, went home, and joined my family in throwing a few last minute things in the car. My wonderful husband had taken care of the boys all morning, fed them their meals, and loaded up the car so that we would be totally ready to go. We made good time to Atlanta, GA, where we stayed with Aunt Sarah and Uncle Chris. I have to throw in that their house is adorable! I love their taste in decor. Everything was so clean, and we felt very welcomed and at home. I would definitely recommend the Nicholson hotel to any passers through. Thanks, guys!!! Also, Chris totally hooked me up with some delicious grilled salmon, rice, and bacon wrapped green beans (grandma would be proud of my accurate meal report :). The boys loved Emory--one of the sweetest dogs they have ever been around. They didn't want to leave!

BTW, they played with Emory a lot while she was out of her cage. I'm not really sure why I don't have any pics of that... And Chris left for church before I could catch him in a pic too. Sorry Chris! We love you :)

Not loving how I'm looking in these photos... but it's reality, and it's going to be worth it! :)

We loaded the boys back up in the morning, and continued on to Thomasville. On the way, we crossed Rich and Laura, who were on their way to Atlanta. We met at a gas station. It was so fun and unexpected! The boys loved seeing their cousins, Nicholas and Andrew.

We were so excited to arrive at Grandma and Grandaddy's. After playing for a while, we went outside, and Grandaddy got the fishing poles out. Jon David has been wanting to fish for a year or more. This was their first time, and they had a blast. Jon David really got into it. He was able to do it by himself after a while. Luke was a little more skiddish (sp?). When Grandaddy would swing the line back towards him, he would back away from the fish. It kind of gave him the willies. But then he always wanted to try again. :) Sweet boy.

(In above pic, fish is at Luke's foot).

So proud!
This pic below explains Luke's fishing experience: :)

The first full day that we were here, we went to eat lunch at Izzo's--a restaurant in downtown Thomasville that has been around a long time. It used to be a pharmacy I think. I was very old fashioned looking, but very well maintained. Burgers, dogs, shakes, yum!
Again, a pic far from flattering... I'm being brave and posting it anyway.

The past few days have been filled with the YMCA pool, playing inside, playing outside, meeting nice neighbors, playing with them, shopping, golf. Anyway, we're having a great time so far. It's nice to have some relaxing vacation time.

Luke and Jon David don't want to leave. Yesterday, Tigger (Grandma and Grandaddy's dog) hopped up on the couch beside Luke. Luke was thrilled. He said "Mom, I want to stay here forever." :) It was so sweet.


No comments:

Post a Comment


My Blog List