Blog Background

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Family news

Well, the boys both have colds, so Don went to church this morning while I stayed home. I didn't want snot and goop to be part of our first impression, besides them being contagious and puny.
It gave me a chance to just hang wit' da boys. JD and I had a neat conversation at lunch. He said "you know how God made Adam and Eve? When did he make all of us? Are we just extras?" Ha. I tried to explain to him that we're all equal in God's sight. None of us are really just considered "extras." Kind of cool to think that we are just as important as those two, huh! I do wonder what it would have been like, though, to just pop into existence fully grown... no potty training, adolescence? Maybe... but boy, if they skipped that one, what a blessing!
Jon David is doing well. I think this move has been a little tough on him--tougher than moving to Castle Rock 2 1/2 years ago. Mainly because he is older now. He had friends that he missed when he was three, but now, he has even more... He's a trouper, though. He likes his new school and teacher. I think it helps that they feed him breakfast every morning. I must say, it's really nice that he doesn't come from school starving to death. Poor kid: he was blessed with a high metabolism! So eating is one of his love languages ;) He said he made a new friend at school this past Thursday, and having a valentine party on Friday definitely helped.
As for Luke, I think the move is taking a little more of a toll on him than I expected. He is doing well, too, but it seems like he argues with Jon David constantly. They are both trying their boundaries, and I think he doesn't quite get that we are not returning to Castle Rock for a long time. Just the other day, he said "Mommy, can we drive for three days and go to Mike and Kristi's house?" Sounds sweet, huh. Turns out he wanted to go back and play with the wii... Ha! He and Jon David love their Aunt, Uncle and cousins. Luke really bonded with McKenzie during the time we lived in C.R. She was great at playing with him and JD. Thanks, Kenzie!
Also, he is into band-aids right now, I think. The other day, he said he hurt himself, and that there was lots of blood. I guess he knows that I can be a band-aid miser. I tried to explain to him that blood is red liquidy stuff. So then, another time, he said he had some red, watery stuff, and needed and band-aid. Funny. Today, he scraped his foot... same story. "Mommy, I need a band-aid, there'th thome blood. It'th like red, watery thtuff." "No, Luke, I said. Don't lie to your Mommy! (we've been struggling with that some)." Finally, I looked at his foot, and sure enough, it was a bright red scrape--it had barely broken the skin... who knew! Well, he won and got a band-aid. He has been limping quite dramatically ever since--hilarious.
As for Don and me, we are doing well. Morning sickness is beginning to subside occasionally. Thank you, Lord!
My sweet husband grilled steaks for us last night for Valentine's day. Yum! Totally hit the spot for my finicky pregnant belly.
We ventured out to the Lexington mall yesterday, thinking that it would be a fun outing with the kids. I think the entire population of Lexington had the same idea... Don is not a crowd person anyway. As for me, yea, usually I love being around lots of people. It was too much even for me.
You know, there's a slightly different mentality being back here. And I still can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe slower is the right word. It's good and bad, ya know? It's great when you're just wanting to hang out on the front porch and have a drink or something. But not so great when you're at Warmart, and trying to get out of there in time to cook dinner... Walmart, ugh... different story.
OK, enough mumbo jumbo.
Lata (btw: this is supposed to be pronounced "laytah!"). Don thought that I should spell it lat-a...not workin for me. We'll try this one. Lata

3 comments:

  1. anna...LOVE the info. I wondered how the boys were doing. I am glad JD made some friends. And Luke sounds so much like Daisy. Daisy is trying her hand at the lies too. Nice. I am glad you are feeling better. Man, once that part is over...its smooth sailing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good just to hear tidbits from your life. I love to hear the way kids try to wrap their minds around God and His Ways...sometimes their simple thinking is so much closer to the truth than our complex thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for sharing your new life with us. We love to read about it. And hopefully we will be able to visit soon and take in all the sights of Wilmore, the Walmart, the Mall, and don't forget the coffee shop.
    Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete

Labels

My Blog List