Blog Background

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alrightalrightalright...so I'm finally blogging!

I am sitting in the living room of our townhouse in Wilmore, KY (just think about Mayberry and you've got a pretty good pic).
A couple of months ago, Don and I got that familiar nudging of "it's time to go..." This time, it was to pursue a new career for Don. We pray that God will carry out this plan to completion--with the finished product of Don becoming a college prof!
Am I tired of moving? Well, yea. Do I think that this is our last move? Nah... I am trying to be inspired by Abraham and Sarah. I think sometimes I'm more inspired than others.
I have to say, however, that there is a good feeling here in Wilmore. People seem to know how to live simply. It's quite refreshing. I am realizing more and more how attached to my things I have gotten--especially as I see box after box of "stuff" going out the front door either to a dumpster or charity -- in attempt to keep our apt. from drowning in clutter. It's a good thing. I am realizing how little I actually need in order to live from day to day.
I am not sure how great of a blogger I'm going to be... We'll see! Boy... it's a weird kind of feeling, knowing that this casual composition is about to be sent out into all sorts of random nooks and cranies of cyber space...
Lat-a!

2 comments:

  1. WOO HOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT. I am calling you today....dan said you left a message. ;)

    mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're blogging... now all the sibblings are posting their lives for the world to see!!! I loved hanging out with you guys last weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Labels

My Blog List